Monday, January 30, 2012

colors and flowers

The one positive of E having to keep his foot elevated as much as possible is that we spend a lot of time at home not really doing much.  He's also addicted to various forums for hot peppers and motorcycles, so that gives me time to do wedding planning.

On tap this weekend for no particular reason was wedding colors and bouquets.  I think I need to pick my colors first and then I can go from there, but I am loving these brooch bouquets.  So pretty and sentimental at the same time!!  Now the only question - can I make it myself? Or should I pay the extra to have someone make it for me??  And what do I do for everyone else - groom, groomsmen, bridesmaids, etc???

Style #1:
11 IMG_3308.JPG

18 IMG_3385.JPG

Style #2:
DSCF2858.JPG

IMG_0723.jpg

Style #3 (I like that it's all silver, but like the larger flowers on first 2):
lkj.jpg

Or I can get away from flowers completely and do something like this:
il_570xN.213674112.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I really love style #3 as well. Were you thinking of asking women in yours and Es family to send a broach to include? That would be cool. :) If you are on a beach or doing destination you can totally get away with the last one. I say have it made - you will have enough to deal with when the time comes. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i was even contemplating including it as part of the bridal shower - ask people that want to participate to include one with their gift and then i can encorporate all of them into the bouquet. if i remember correctly, that's what miranda lambert did.
      i'm leaning towards having someone else make it, but i see all these other brides making stuff and feel like maybe i should too, even though i know myself well enough that i don't always finish projects that i start ... ;-)
      thanks! xox

      Delete
  2. I love these ideas - they look very unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! so now the question is, what do we do for the bridesmaids???

      Delete