Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy 2012!  It is finally the new year, the time I told myself I'd buckle down and really start planning this wedding.  Of course, there is one huge hiccup - E falls and breaks his fibula down by his ankle while on his way fishing last Monday.  His foot has been elevated since and he's "walking" around on crutches.  Which means I get to do everything and I mean everything around the house - cooking, cleaning, bringing him food & drinks, making sure he's comfy, making sure his ice packs are cold ... wait, isn't that my job anyway?!?!?  ;-)  Just kidding.  The one plus is that I'm constantly up & down, so I'm considering that my "exercise", which I need to get back into anyway.

Surgery will either be tomorrow or Wednesday, we'll find out if the swelling has gone down enough at the follow up appointment tomorrow morning.  Here's how his foot is when he isn't sleeping.  Looks like fun, huh?! And the noisiest crutches in the world are in the background.


I did put together a draft for our wedding website.  It's just a draft and I had to pick a date, hence the March 2013.  It's not set in stone yet as I still have to talk to all the parents about a "destination" wedding. Please let me know your thoughts.  Also, did you use this as a tool to inform people or just as an FYI - here's all you ever wanted to know about us????
http://ReppSherrod.ourwedding.com

2 comments:

  1. When we did our site, we tried to think about what we felt like we didn't know or couldn't find for other people's weddings. I tried to include recommendations instead of just listing info. Also, in the out of town guest bags (though this would be MUCH easier to just include on the site), I put a list of nearby amenities: closest grocery store, closest drug store, place to grab fast food, place for sit down meal, closest liquor store, etc. and a list of the local cab companies and their phone numbers. Ours is still up on the Knot. I helped my SIL do theirs. It's on the Knot too, look up Scott Sievers.

    I have a friend who was married in the Bahamas last year who put together a ridic good destination wedding website. I'm trying to find the URL so I can send it to you!

    ReplyDelete