Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I know I've been slacking lately, but life has gotten in the way.  The one positive of E's broken ankle is that I'm turning into quite the chef.  Now only if I could convince him to be the money maker and I could stop working ... ;-)

Anyway, I know I promised a post about my dress shopping experience with my mom so here it goes:
When E & I were home for Thanksgiving, my mom and I decided to go dress shopping.  This being my first time trying on wedding dresses, I didn't know that you had to make an appointment at the smaller boutiques, so we ended up at David's Bridal.  My plan was actually to go to another dress shop in a nearby town, but mom wanted to go the other direction for something else, so we ended up at DB.  We were there about an hour and I tried on approximately 20 dresses.  Gotta love moms, especially the ones that always think they are right ... she had me try on 3 dresses in particular - if two of them were black instead of white, they definitely would have been staples in my college closet for all the cocktail parties I attended and the third looked like I was going to the courthouse for my 4th wedding.  We quickly put those away. 

It was a bit more exhausting than I thought it would be and while I did find 2 fabulous, but very different dresses, I plan to keep looking.  Anyone want to plan a trip to SD and go dress shopping???

So, the different dresses:
1. sleeveless v-neck lace with a train
(the funny face is due to mom trying to take the pic 5 times until she finally got it!)



















2. strapless, empire waist A-line:



And odd - i just tried to copy pic #1 from DB's site and they only have the Plus Size one available ... hope that doesnt mean it's discontinued!

I'm sure once I figure out what E is going to wear and what our wedding party will wear will help me decide on my dress.  I think it's usually the other way around, but I want us all to match levels of fanciness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment