Sunday, January 15, 2012

decisions, decisions, decisions ...

Since I have never attended a "destination wedding", I honestly thought that they would not be as much to plan as one at home (a perk to the girl who can't decide what to make for dinner or who is late to work because she changes her outfit 5 times). Boy was I wrong.  "DWs" (destination weddings to me are weddings that are not in the continental US) can be just as extravagant as a wedding at home.  While there are more packages to choose from, one can still add-on just about anything he or she chooses.  In my research, most seem to at least have an outside photographer come in.  But some completely vamp them up.  I saw one "package" for $50,000 ... yes, you read that correctly, $50k!  I was shocked!!!  Another person posted that she brought 17 pieces of luggage with her.  Seriously!?!?!?  Alas, there are others who do the package and don't add anything on or just an extra photog as I mentioned earlier.  If this is the way we go, that will definitely be us.  No way am I bringing 17 pieces of luggage or spending upwards of $50k.

On another note, I did make one decision and asked one of my BFFs if her lovely daughter would be my flower girl.  One decision down, 50 to go ....

And for those that haven't seen it, I encourage you to check out my FB page for a picture of E's PINK cast.  As much as I was leaning towards a blue themed wedding, I now think it might need to be pink with hints of blue due to his apparent love of the color.  

1 comment:

  1. My cousin had a destination wedding and it was definitely more planning than they had expected BUT it sure was beautiful! Have you been able to narrow it done in terms of where for a 'destination' - Mexico, Caribbean, etc??

    ReplyDelete